Key features of the KVFS model are:
● All-weather nature immersion
● Child-led learning with a scope and sequence based on the seasonal changes and scaffolding academic skills that coincide with each other;
● Daily schedule that provides much time for outdoor exploration
● Inquiry-based exploration through play that expands on key, developmentally appropriate concepts
● Child-inspired, child-directed documentation of gained skills and concepts that guide the teacher in scaffolding next learning challenge
● Place-based education with the Wisconsin Standards for Environmental Literacy and Sustainability at its Core.
KVFS is a tuition free public school
KVFS will enroll 4K and Kindergarten students for the 2021-2022 school year starting in February 2021.
Check back soon for more information!
KVFS Application Form (Open Feb. 1, 2021)
Wisconsin Open Enrollment Form
Adult Volunteer Form